How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttorneyKaren Your Own Question
AttorneyKaren, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 371
Experience:  Over 14 years as a Family Law Attorney; Temporary Judge Award (2008)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttorneyKaren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am engaged to be married in Florida. what rigths will my

Resolved Question:

I am engaged to be married in Florida. what rigths will my fiance have once we are married and what can I do to protect my assets?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttorneyKaren replied 8 years ago.
The best way to protect your assets pre marriage is to have a prenup agreement. You would set out the terms that all of your property is yours--he would not be able to take advantage of any appreciation during the marriage or ask for reimbursement if money is paid from marital money to your separate property.
I would suggest that you contact a local attorney that specializes in family law and prenups and have an initial consultation so you can get an ironclad agreement that will protect your rights if the marriage ever ends.
Hope this information helps you--
AttorneyKaren and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you