How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttySince1978 Your Own Question
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 931
Experience:  Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttySince1978 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

there is a removal motion pending she allready left the state

Resolved Question:

there is a removal motion pending   she allready left the state CO and was ordered to come back she returned she is in contempt of court and is now asking me to give up parenting time so she can have a long week and weekend in WI is there any statute that prohibits her from taking the children out of state except over the Actual holladay time which woudl be only 2 days or can she go out of state without my permission on her scheduled regular parenting time and include the holaday time? or is there nothing I can do.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
Neither parent can remove the children out-of-state without the written permission of the other parent or by order of the court.
1. Both parents cannot remove the children from the state even when they are exercising their visitation rights.
2. The Court will not allow her to take the children to another state unless she has a very good reason.
3. Most courts will deny a parents request to take the children out-of-state.

Please accept this answer so that I can receive the $15 as my share of the fee.
AttySince1978 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so if she goes she is in contempt again ?
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
She is in contempt every time she removes the children from the state.
AttySince1978 and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you