How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41014
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband and I are separated, not legal yet. I am residing

This answer was rated:

My husband and I are separated, not legal yet. I am residing in our marital home and he is in our family cabin. He has moved in his ex wife in with him. In Michigan, we have a law about divorced people living together. From reading this law, I'm understanding that it has to be either the husband or wife that must file for this.
Is that a correct assumption? And what would be needed to do this? How hard would it be? Can I legally have her removed?
Thanks for your question. You would file for divorce based on adultery here. He is still legally married and living with another woman. You can ask the court to remove her from the cabin. You would need the court to order it here and they may very well do so.

By claiming adultery you may have a better claim to spousal support and other property here since you would be considered the innocent party. I would urge you to file here as you have good facts for a fault based divorce and settlement here. I wish you good luck and sympathy for the situation..
RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you