How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttySince1978 Your Own Question
AttySince1978, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 931
Experience:  Family Law for over 20 years, which included acting as settlement Judge in the Family Law Courts.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AttySince1978 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother is in a nursing home (not government subsidized).

Resolved Question:

My mother is in a nursing home (not government subsidized). My dad made his will assuming my mom would pass away before him and left the family home to the siblings. Title was in dad's name to protect assets against the nursing home. I want all the assets to be put in trust until my mom passes away. Can I do this?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
I assume from your question that your father has passed on.
The Will must be probated so that legal title can pass on to the siblings. Once the siblings have legal title the executor must ask each of them if they want their part put into trust. You need all of them to agree before this is done. All it takes is for one of them to say that they want their share of the money from the home than you must sell the home. If you get all of them to agree than you can put the property into trust.

Please accept answer so that I can be paid for my service.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

thank you


what is the charge to my account

Expert:  AttySince1978 replied 8 years ago.
When you accept it will be $30. Thank you.
AttySince1978 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions