How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Guru_Guy Your Own Question
Guru_Guy, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  Experienced advisor in all aspects of family law (divorce, custody, support, etc.).
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Guru_Guy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters daddy earned over 100K this year & Im only making

Customer Question

My daughter's daddy earned over 100K this year & I'm only making 56K. He's only pays me $375 bi-weekly. I think this is very low. I pay for her after care cost, summer day camp & private school tuition.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Guru_Guy replied 8 years ago.


The amount being paid sounds a little low given the income levels. You probably would be entitled to some increase if you seek a modification. You can find more details on this site:

Basically, you need to return to the court that issued the support order and show that there has been a change in circumstances. This change can be a significant increase in the father's income, or increased financial needs for the child. A court will normally re-evaluate the situation and recalculate the appropriate amount of support.

I hope this helps!


Please keep in mind that information in this forum is for informational purposes only. It is not legal advice and does not constitute creation of an attorney client relationship. Before acting on any such information, you are always advised to consult with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction who can take the time to review all the facts and laws relevant to your situation.