How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31782
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my income has been interrupted. i am trying to get dissability.

Resolved Question:

my income has been interrupted. i am trying to get dissability. i am going to appear before court for a hearing
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
I believe you got cut off. What is your question?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
income interrupted. i am seeking dissability. i am facing a hearing soon.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
What is the court hearing for?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i am currently under order to pay 1300 dollars to my exwife. how do i get child support changed because it is currently based on an income i no longer have. i will not have an income until i get disability.

Expert:  Roger replied 8 years ago.
You will have to file a petition/motion to modify child support based on the recent change to your recent financial condition. The clerk's office should have forms.

If not, you may have to hire an attorney to file the document.
Roger and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you