How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42253
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the judge award less than 50 % of a property even though

Resolved Question:

Can the judge award less than 50 % of a property even though my husband's name is XXXXX XXXXX deed and in Florida he is entitled to 50 %? I bought the property and we were only married 11 months and he did not contribute to the property.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. the court can certainly award less than 50 %. You appear to have good facts for such a reduction here. If you paid for most of it here then most likely the court awards a reduced equity to the ex here. Your lawyer would protect you and be able to show how much you have put into the property.

The court woudl have discretion to award you the majority interest in such a situation based on the facts involved. You would ask the court to make such a division of the home based on your contribution here..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you