How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41555
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

can i child at the age of 15 years old chose what parent to

Resolved Question:

can i child at the age of 15 years old chose what parent to live with ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?what state are you in here??

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

my 15 year old daughter is not happy an hasnt been happy for a long time living with her mother an new husband. she doesnt like the enviroment, the constent arguing and the lying that her mother keeps on doing. she wants to live in a steady positive enviroment with her father.


i live in ontario canada

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the information. You would have to file to modify custody. The child can indicate here preference here and more than likely the court grants the change here. The child is more than old enough here to interview with the court and have this granted here.

You would have good facts in this matter to have the court award custody. The court would do so here based in the best interests of the child. You may need a lawyer here to file and represent. I would encourage you to file in this situation and I wish you good luck here..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you