How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner has a 13 year old daughter. He has never had any

Customer Question

My partner has a 13 year old daughter. He has never had any form of visitation rights, but has been paying his child support. He recently changed jobs and the child support payments have dropped, much to the very high level upsetedness of the mother of his child. She has turned nasty and is saying she won't let him he see her anymore - what does he need to do to get legal visitation rights and what are the chances that he'll actually get them?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
Courts do not like to keep parents away from the child unless the parent has a drug or abuse history regardless of the other parent wishes. Based upon what you have shared with me he has a good chance of getting visitation. He needs to go to family court and seek a visitation petition for the court to set an order forcing the mother to allow him to see the child.
Daniel Solutions and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Daniel - do you know how long the process would take on average?
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
Sorry,no I do not have a time frame because much depends on the court congestion. I can tell you that the earliest would be two months.