Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What do I do if I cant leave my father in Georgia that I am

What do I do if...
What do I do if I can't leave my father in Georgia that I am the caretaker of and don't have the money to show up for a ailmony modification deposition in Florida?
12/1/2008
You need to send a letter to the clerk of the court in FL, the judge and to the opposing counsel asking for the deposition to be taken in GA and send proof of the medical situation of your father.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer