Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

can a legal guardian turn a incorrigable child over to the

Customer Question
state with out legal problems...
can a legal guardian turn a incorrigable child over to the state with out legal problems
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/22/2008
Family Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer replied 8 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
Generally, the state will not accept the child unless the child is part of the juvenile detention system. Otherwise if you attempt to turn the child in, you can be liable for child abandonment. The legal guardians are unfortunately responsible for the minor children, so you can be liable for abandonment if you turn him over. If they do accept the child you can then be responsible for the child's expenses while the child is a ward of the state.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. You are only paying me for such information given. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be copied or reproduced without the express consent of the owner[lawNinvest]. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer