How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to purge someone out of jail for money owed to child

Customer Question

Trying to purge someone out of jail for money owed to child support. the order does not state whether the money be paid to the DOR or the mother. The court says to bring check to courthouse and go before a judge. Legally, what is right?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
If you're in jail for failure to pay child support then you need to either bring the money to the judge as that will secure your release or you can pay the mother and supply proof that you paid the mother but never to the DOR as they should not accept the arrears. If you give any money to the DOR, that money should only be bail money to get him release but does not take care of the child support problem.