RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My husband and I are applying for a divorce. We separated

My husband and I are applying for a divorce. We separated on 11/3/06 and due to my rental home being reclaimed by owners I was forced to move in with my husband for a period of 3 months in May 2008. We did not share the same room and lived independantly. As the family law court required 12 months seperation do they take into account the 2 years we were appart or does the 12 months start again from may 2008. Or do we still need to sign an affidavit?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You would swear to the petition or otherwise verify that you have lived separately. Peple are often required by necessity to live in the same dwelling this time. The court will understand and not require additional separation.

Both parties may consent to this fact here and remove any doubts. The court will make such a finding here based on your assertions. This should not be a problem in this matter. I wish you good luck here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.