How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a daughter who is seventeen. I recently lost my wife

Resolved Question:

I have a daughter who is seventeen. I recently lost my wife through death. I have found a person I wish to marry in another state and live now in Oklahoma. I wish to move and my finance has wanted my daughter to come live with us. My daughter refuses and will run away if I make her come as well as cause a lot of trouble to us if I do make her go. Is there any way to emancipate her at her age so she can live and continue going to school in Oklahoma with out huge legal liability to myself.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Good evening. Yes, your daughter is old enough to become emancipated in Oklahoma. You can't force it upon her; she must want to become emancipated.



I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please "accept" my answer and ask for "Jane Doe Deer" the next time you use


I wish you the best.


Jane Doe Deer

Jane Doe Deer and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you