How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33759
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughters divorce was final yesterday. She receives $750

This answer was rated:

My daughter's divorce was final yesterday. She receives $750 a month in child support. I am a retired teacher in MO. I live on my retirement income. I have provided a home for her during the time it took to get the dovorce and will continue to do so. She has been unable to get a job in the current economy, she had to give up her job in Texas because she couldn't support herself there. Her husband just got a 7% cut in pay and says he is going to cut her child support accordingly. Can he do this? What do we need to do. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX
He will have to go back to court to reduce the child support and will spend significantly more than the 7% reduction in child support he will get. I am assuming she was divorced in Texas. In order to go back to court within a year you have to prove a substantial (it may be significant) change in circumstances and a 7% cut probably doesn't qualify.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
JD 1992 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much. I especially appreciate your prompt reply. We have spent a difficult 8 months getting through this divorce and to follow it with this problem was certainly upsetting. Again thank you for your help. If I need help in the future I will look for you. Rita
Good luck to you and your daughter.