RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My ex husband volunteered to be deployed for one year to Afghanastan

My ex husband volunteered to be deployed for one year to Afghanastan as a member of the Army Reserves/Guard. He returned in October stating that he would like to spend "as much time as possible" with the child, to which I agreed, not to as much time as he desired, but to extra time (he usually gets 2 days/week). He returned on Oct 11 and since that time I have only had my child 5-6 days. I called telling him that I am off 4 days this weekend and requested to have him. He informed me that it is more than generous for me to have him 2 days a week until he goes back to work at the end of November and that he is --- now the question--- legally entiltled to make up days. I need to know, are divorced military personel LEGALLY ENTITLED TO MAKE UP TIME.
Thanks for your question. You are only legally obligated to comply with the decree/settlement-nothing more here. You shoudl not deviate here becasue it may invite change or waiver of your rights.

There is no such thing as makeup here. He would have to go back to court if he wants to modify otherwise he needs to comply with the court order and nothing more. It is time her to return to the court ordered visitation. Any deviation he needs to take it to court and have the court decide whether there needs to be make up or change or not.

He seems to be taking advantage of your kindness here. I would not let him do so and you need to return to the court orders for guidance and adherence..

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
That's what I thought, but am fearful of forcing any issue that may come back to cause me problems later. Thanks so much for your help. I am actually a Registered Nurse on here and knew I could get a quick accurate answer to offset my anxiety.
No problem. Stay with the orders here. They are written for a reason to avoid misunderstandings..