Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I am a 55 yr old man. A month before my mediation (during my

Customer Question
divorce) I deducted over 250...
I am a 55 yr old man. A month before my mediation (during my divorce) I deducted over 250 k from my financial accounts. During mediation it was not detected by the other side. Now they want me to show all account balances and sign an affidavit saying the money is not in any other new place. In addition I have given over 100 k to my mistress and am allowing her to sell my marital home and her commission paid out of marital money would be 160k and being the listing agent she has access to the key to the house. I personally have 3 luxury sports cars with debt of over 200 K and have wasted over 200 K during the marriage on trading cars randomly during the marriage this is documented on taxes. My attorney is responding slowly to the other sides requests. Is there anything I should immediately be worried about, how do you think I would fair in front of a judge if going to court and why isn't my attorney suggesting I settle as quickly as possible?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/2/2008
Family Lawyer: rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator replied 9 years ago
rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information. Also, please keep in mind that while I assist you, I don't know what you already know about the issue unless you tell me.

You must present the asset affidavit truthfully. It will only be a matter of time before it is discovered, and your lawyer has committed a serious breach of ethics by suggesting you settle quickly. You could be prosecuted for perjury I would worry plenty

rich

You misunderstood part of this...my lawyer did not suggest that I settle quickly. Please clarify the other part of this if I have to go to court....with the above list of items how would I fair in front of a judge or is going to court a risk and if so how high of a risk?

sorry for the error...great risk...if the other attorney is smart enough,,,the judge will hold you in contempt and perjury arrest is likely, don't do it!!!!!! really

rich

I am sorry....but for this portion I am just talking about the middle part regarding the mistakes I 've made related to the money that has gone and is promised to my mistress, the lavish amount on the sports cars, and the past wastefulness that is documented on taxes...how does all that sit with a judge? or are there specific laws associated with this

1. You must tell the truth

2. All property will be divided equally all things being equal.

Rich

rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
rvlaw
rvlaw
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator