How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter, stay at home mom, has a husband who rarely comes

Resolved Question:

My daughter, stay at home mom, has a husband who rarely comes home, says he isn't happy, etc. They have a 13yr old son, she has no other family in CA and would like to return to the NW. Would a divorice require her to remain in CA?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.


There can sometimes be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we're writing late in the evening, I may need to get some sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you. So, if I suggest something you already tried, it's because I couldn't see part of your original question. Just write back to me and let me know.


Answer: No, a divorce would not require your daughter to stay in CA. Visitation would have to be worked out, including who would pay the travel expenses for the 13 year old, and where he would live.


From what you say, it's unlikely that the 13 year old would live with the father, but I don't have a crystal ball and can't tell you the outcome for sure.


If the parents can sit down and work out the details, they can save a fortune in attorney fees and costs.


I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please "accept" my answer and ask for "Jane Doe Deer" the next time you use


I wish you the best.


Jane Doe Deer


Jane Doe Deer and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions