How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im trying to get supervised visits for my babys dad. He is

Customer Question

I'm trying to get supervised visits for my baby's dad. He is a drunk and smokes marijuiana. Will I be able to get supervised visits
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.


While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you.


Although it's usually five minutes, sometimes there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


I need the following information before I can answer your question:


What kind of visitation does the father have now? And who has custody and what type?


I'll look forward to hearing from you,


Jane Doe Deer


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have custody. I just went to court this past Thursday for the paternity results. And the results came back as he is the father. He has no visitation right now. We have to go back to court to set up visitation. My baby is 7 months old right now. I want him to have supervisied visitation. He came into the paternity hearing smelling like alcholol and he smokes marijunia. I don't think it would be wise for him to have unsupervised visitation. He is an alcholic and marijuania user.
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.
I think you can get supervised visitation if you work at it. One thing that may help is declarations from several people, including yourself, regarding the father's drug and alcohol use and the inappropriateness of having unsupervised visitation.