How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been out of work since May 21. I have diligently looked

Resolved Question:

I have been out of work since May 21. I have diligently looked for work but to no avail. I was served 'Motion for order to show cause' in early October. Ihad a heart attack on Sept. 2 and since I have still not been able to find work. The area that the papers were drawn and where I would have to appear is aXXXXXone-way and I haven't the means ,financially, to go. This is concerning being late on child support. I currently am behind a little over $600.00 and I have talked their office. They tell me that if I don't show up that I will be in contempt and go to jail. Is there a way out for me where I can send my info. to them without worrying about going to jail or being served every time I turn around?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.


While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Sometimes I'm unable to read your entire question until AFTER I write back to you.


Although it's usually five minutes, sometimes there can be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


I need the following information before I can answer your question:


Can you please tell me what state is involved in your question? I cannot see it on my screen right now. I may need to research your state-specific law.


I'll look forward to hearing from you,


Jane Doe Deer


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
North Carolina
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Contact the hearing officer's office, and anyone else you can think of, and ask to "appear" (participate) by telephone. Try that on Monday and then write back to me and let me know what happened.


I've never heard of anyone being turned down who is in your shoes. In fact, the office will pay for the call. All you have to do is be available by your phone at the right time and on the right day.


In addition, you can make a motion and go to court and ask a judge to decrease the amount of support you have to pay because of your changed circumstances.



I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions. If you have none, please "accept" my answer and ask for "Jane Doe Deer" the next time you use


I wish you the best.


Jane Doe Deer

Jane Doe Deer and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you