How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 42898
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am probably headed for divorce. I have been married for 22

Resolved Question:

I am probably headed for divorce. I have been married for 22 years. I have recently purchased a 23' runabout boat that is in my name only. I live in Colorado, where there is no title, only registration. I was hoping to change the boat into my company's name to protect. With no title, I am wondering if this will protect it. Or I was considering selling it to a friend for $1, and then repurchase. Do you have any advice???
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Consider elling it for some some, I think something more than a dollar here. You can then buy it back later for that sum. Try not to make it so obvious here, something more than a dollar.

But any other way it is marital/ community property and subject to claim by the ex. I think if you can pull this off her it would be ameasn of avoiding having to split the boat here. I wish you good lcuk and you are smart to look ahead..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you