How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41043
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My ex boyfriend has admitted in court that he is still using

Resolved Question:

My ex boyfriend has admitted in court that he is still using meth and drinking on a daily basis. The judge granted visits, is there any way I can stop these? He refuses to attend classes stating that he uses for medical reasons. I am representing myself and think I may have missed a chance to stop the visits. Any advice is very appreciated.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I woudl motion the court here to modify visitationn on this basis. I would also contact child welfare here and report the matter. They may interven and between the two require him to pass drug screens or cut off visitation. This is
a valid reason for concern here.

I think you are headed in the right direction. This medicinal stuff won't fly with the court. They will test and if he is positive they may end visits, require rehab, etc. They take drug issues real seriously in this situation. I wish you good luck..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions