Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What is required to have parental rights taken away from absent

father?...
What is required to have parental rights taken away from absent father?
11/1/2008
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Tex. Fam. Code Ann. § 161.001 (West, WESTLAW through End of 2001 Reg. Sess.)

The court may order termination of the parent-child relationship if the court finds by clear and convincing evidence that the parent has:

Voluntarily left the child alone or in the possession of another not the parent and expressed an intent not to return;

Voluntarily left the child alone or in the possession of another not the parent without
expressing an intent to return, without providing
for the adequate support of the child, and
remained away for a period of at least 3 months;

Voluntarily left the child alone or in the
possession of another without providing adequate
support of the child and remained away for a
period of at least 6 months;
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
I will accept the answer only because I know it to be right. I was hoping to hear something I hadn't heard before though.
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer