How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If you are living with someone, does that count as additional

Resolved Question:

If you are living with someone, does that count as additional income. Can an ex spouse use that to file for more child support in the state of Arkansas?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
No, just cohabitating with an individual does not mean that person's income in considered when calculating child support. The obligation to support a child rests upon the biological parent and adoptive parents if a biological parent has been legally replaced. Friends, boy/girlfriends or even new husbands/wives do not share in the child support calcultion.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you