Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

From Michigan , Legally what will I have to provide my future

Customer Question
x-wife as far as retierment...
From Michigan , Legally what will I have to provide my future x-wife as far as retierment and health care.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
11/1/2008
Family Lawyer: hocuspocusme, USA Legal replied 9 years ago
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Legally you will only have to afford her the convenience of health insurace for ahwile which is usually one year and then the COBRA plan will be introduced for her to carry as an option. Yes you will have to distribute your retirement plan from the time you were married to her until the time you filed for divorce. It will be shared equally.
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Michigan is community property and equitable distribution state which means that they distribute assets equally to both parties of the mariage.
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme
hocuspocusme, USA Legal