How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

From Michigan , Legally what will I have to provide my future

Resolved Question:

From Michigan , Legally what will I have to provide my future x-wife as far as retierment and health care.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
Legally you will only have to afford her the convenience of health insurace for ahwile which is usually one year and then the COBRA plan will be introduced for her to carry as an option. Yes you will have to distribute your retirement plan from the time you were married to her until the time you filed for divorce. It will be shared equally.
hocuspocusme and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
Michigan is community property and equitable distribution state which means that they distribute assets equally to both parties of the mariage.

Related Family Law Questions