Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

this is a followup question for Debra Thal. If the situation

Customer Question
is unbearable at home and...
this is a followup question for Debra Thal. If the situation is unbearable at home and I need to move out ASAP, than do I still need to see a family lawyer and get advise while I am still living in this situation. There are two kids in this marriage.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 day by:
11/2/2008
Family Lawyer: CALawyer, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
CALawyer
CALawyer, Lawyer
It does not appear that Debra is available to answer right now, so I am trying to assist.

I would recommend consulting with a family lawyer despite the situation. If the situation is unbearable and there are a need for any temporary or fast orders, an attorney could give you the best chance of obtaining them.

Its also a good idea to have an attorneys advice throughout the entire process so that you don't make any mistakes that could result in you losing some ground later on in the process. An example would be, if you move out of the house now, it could be hard to get an order that the wife should move out of the house and you should live there later. On the other hand, if you had an attorney and went through the courts, you might be able to get an order that the wife has to move.

If this information was helpful, please click ACCEPT to give me credit for answering. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated if deserved. If you need any clarification, just post a reply. Thanks!
CALawyer
CALawyer, Lawyer
CALawyer
CALawyer
CALawyer, Lawyer