How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Boy am I confused. For years I have consulted with attorneys

Resolved Question:

Boy am I confused. For years I have consulted with attorneys at different points about Plaintiff in divorce action proffering false financial information to the trial judge. Reading the decree pretty much spells it out that Plaintiff set up and proffered bugus financial disclosure. Example: Judge says Plaintiff not expecting any big pay day post-dissolution. Two years later Plaintiff files Federal Taxes for $600K with stocks not listed in Disclosure but "acquired" during 12 year marriage before filing dissolution proceedings! The confused part is that not once did any one of the attorneys I consulted with suggest I register my divorce decree (AZ originally) in Nevada where all the stocks of the decree are incorporated and records filed. Why no suggestion for me to do that. Decree granted mostly NV corporations and future shell companies.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information. Also, please keep in mind that while I assist you, I don't know what you already know about the issue unless you tell me.


If it involves personal property as opposed to real property, the way to go is to reopen the case in AZ based on the fraud and/or report to the IRS perhaps...THEN AND ONLY THEN would it be smart to have a modified AZ decree transformed into a NV judgment (an easy process). Then a decree that awards you part of NV assets can be enforced against them.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What would I be reporting to the IRS...the stocks that he left off the table in the dissolution disclosure?

Post divorce, I wondered why the judge was so against me and wondered if it had to do with the fact the Plaintiff (and major stock involved in property settlement) were indian gaming corporations. From the standpoint that the judge's passion is indian artifacts. I believed that that could not be possible, but on reflection I feel she was in his corner because of the revenue indian gaming would mean to the tribes. Plaintiff and his "group" were foreruners in funding indian gaming. He (an attorney)sought a judge with something that would make his case a personal sensitive issue. Judge stated wife stayed home not raising children implying I stayed home to eat bon bons when in fact I dedicated my life to caring for a severely mentally disabled child from a previous marriage. She slurred me throughout and never asking what I did with my time. Plaintiff obfuscated that gaming stock was actually three entities and Judge spoke of as one which means to me she had no concept of what she was ruling on. Of course I have no funds to pay to re-open in Arizona. Currently, attorney-ex is in the process of stealing 480,000 shares of stock he did issue in my name. I told Transfe Agent not put anymore stocks "In" or "Out" of my Holder account, but I feel they will do anything they want and thumb their nose at me. It is so frustrating. This one stock is all the potential I have for any future income. I had my broker call TA and received my Holder Account report which showed In and Out transactions not done by me. The TA later told me their computer crashed and they lost my eMails! I resent order to them No "IN" no "Out" and they said they would look for records. Duh, like the records are not digital. Plaintiff is undoubtedly laughing his head off at his latest coup.
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

IRS.........I suspect that there will be dishonesty somewhere there based on the lies here. I don't know what else to say...or why the judge has done or not done ...My suggestion remains unchanged. If you don't want to accept don't have of the great things about JA.



rvlaw and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
"THIS IS FOR RVLAW" Since all I have going for me is the potential of an IPO in this company, should I be pursuing the 600,000 shares reflected in Resolutions he and his son filed on the company?

The book value from the company report gives them a $1.35 per share value. Is it possible an attorney would pursue all 600,000 shares on my behalf on a contingency basis. I have a copy of Resolutions stating 600,000 in my name and copy of the TAs report with Plaintiff transferring to other people 190,000 shares of this stock. Is the information that I do have evidence enough to substantially support such a case?