How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask hocuspocusme Your Own Question
hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 466
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
hocuspocusme is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married in Ontario. I want a divorce. The marriage was

Customer Question

I was married in Ontario. I want a divorce. The marriage was never consumated and my wife is mentally ill and abusive. She is on disbility and wont give me the money that is rightfully mine sent by the government. I have no money, can I get a waiver of fees for filing a divorce?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 8 years ago.
In order to successfully get a waiver for filing fees you will have to do a statement of means and qualify. You have to show that you have little resources available after paying housing and other living expenses. Being on disability you should qualify but I am not certain unless I see the form. Call down to the courthouse and ask for the limit on income and the allowances allowed.