How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legaleagle Your Own Question
legaleagle, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13441
Experience:  Practicing attorney for 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
legaleagle is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My spouse wants to go to trial and expect a big pay off. She

Customer Question

My spouse wants to go to trial and expect a big pay off. She has in very way tried to make me look like the bad person. However, not succeeding in that, she is trying hard to bring me to my knees. What do I need to do to prepare for such an unnecessary battle that I think is a waste of money. I need some sort of mediator however she is unapproachable and I also have a restraining order that has expired. ????? I am very confuse and lost. Although I have a lawyer now, I think he is very passive and I have been out of the house for 2 years and having extremely high expenses since I am paying for everything including chid support.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  legaleagle replied 8 years ago.

You can fire your attorney and hire one that is more agressive and willing to force your spouse to getting a mediated settlement or finally going to hearing to get the divorce ordered.

You could also ask the court to reduce your financial obligation during the pendancy due to the spouse unnecessarily prolonging the process with her contentious and unfounded claims.

legaleagle and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Firing the present attorney means I have to pay another lump sum of retainer to a new attorney. It has been 2 years now. My present counselor kept saying that I brought a lot problems with me when I see him. Restraining order, adult and child abuse that eventually were dropped due to unfounded claims. Should I represent myself and ask the court to reduce the financial obligation if I have to go to trial?