How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rvlaw Your Own Question
rvlaw, Attorney-Therapist Mediator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 8386
Experience:  Attorney-Therapist Mediator for CA Divorce Mediation Center; over 30 years private practice in NYC.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
rvlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in putnam county ny. my son and daughter in law had

Resolved Question:

i live in putnam county ny. my son and daughter in law had a baby boy who is now 18 months. i am not able to see him because my daughter in law and i do not get along . and when i try to contact my son , who i only contact him on his cell he totally ignores me. i have not see my grandson but maybe a total of 15 times and that is alot.i really want to be in his life while he is young so he gets to know me and my son has contact with me only when he seperates from her. which was back in august for about a month he stood with me and i saw the baby only twice maybe. she also dangles the baby over him but he i know chooses to put up with that . what can i do and what aare my rights. please help me. desperate in ny
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  rvlaw replied 8 years ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. Thank you for entrusting me with your legal issue. I will do my best to assist you. During the course of our interaction , I may need some additional information. Also, please keep in mind that while I assist you, I don't know what you already know about the issue unless you tell me.


You can move in Family COURT for visitation. In NY.....grandparents' isitation may be granted where at least one of the child's parents is deceased or where circumstances show that conditions exist which equity would see fit to intervene. Visitation must also be in the best interest of the child. Section 72 of the NY Domestic Relations Law. Get a lawyer to handle it.



rvlaw and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you