How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9411
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can we get a divorce now in Mo and settle the property at a

Customer Question

Can we get a divorce now in Mo and settle the property at a later date in court
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
It is common for divorce cases to be bifurcated. Frequently there will be a judgment terminating marital status entered before the property issues are sorted out. is informative, so is and

I hope this information is helpful.
N Cal Attorney and 5 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I would like for you to explain bifurcated and how do I go about getting it before a judge and finializied without her attorney. Can my attorney do this for me at any time. Isnt Missouri a no maintenance state?
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
Bifurcation is when the court splits the case into separate parts. There can be an order stating that there will be separate trials on the issues of divorce and property. Your attorney can make a motion to bifurcate issues.
<br />
<br />Please explain what you mean by "a no maintenance state".
<br />
<br />And thank you for accepting my answer.