How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years experience as practicing attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has been cheating on me with 1 girl. We are at

Customer Question

My husband has been cheating on me with 1 girl. We are at the end of the divorce proceedings and trying to negotiate a settlement. Now he is in no hurry to get divorced. What control do I have over him legally as my husband. If I can not control him to not go over to her house, he has no reason to get divorced. In fact, he has every reason not to want to because he is getting everything his way.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 8 years ago.

DearCustomer- Obviously you cannot keep him from going where he wants. The court will keep the divorce case going and if he won't settle then have your attorney ask the court for a trial date and let the court decide the issue. Once there is a trial date he will either have to settle or put his fate in the court's hand's.


You cannot control him just because you are married so you need to speed up the divorce process.


David Kennett - JD - Attorney at Law