How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask N Cal Attorney Your Own Question
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9338
Experience:  since 1983
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
N Cal Attorney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a judgment from District Court in Colorado against

Customer Question

I received a judgment from District Court in Colorado against my ex-husband for back child support in the amount of $153,000.00. My problem is that he now lives in Thailand, how do I go about serving him in Thailand. I have several friends that live near him, can one of them serve him and get the affidavit notarized at the US embassy in Bangkok?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
No, under Thai law process must only be served by an officer of the court. See Those attorneys can arrange to get process served for you, and can probably help you get your Colorado judgment registered in Thailand so it will be enforceable against assets there.

I hope this information is helpful.