N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I received a judgment from District Court in Colorado against

Customer Question

I received a judgment from District Court in Colorado against my ex-husband for back child support in the amount of $153,000.00. My problem is that he now lives in Thailand, how do I go about serving him in Thailand. I have several friends that live near him, can one of them serve him and get the affidavit notarized at the US embassy in Bangkok?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
No, under Thai law process must only be served by an officer of the court. See http://www.thailand-lawyer.com/service_process.html Those attorneys can arrange to get process served for you, and can probably help you get your Colorado judgment registered in Thailand so it will be enforceable against assets there.

I hope this information is helpful.