Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

what do I need to show the court to prevent restraint if someone

what do I need to show the court to prevent restraint if someone is trying to acquire a restraining order against me just to harrass, embarrass, and "get back at me."
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question. I am happy to assist you.

Based only on the information contained in your post, you may consider a suit for defamation.

Defamation generally consists of: (1) a false statement of fact about another; (2) an unprivileged publication of that statement to a third party; (3) some degree of fault, depending on the type of case; and (4) some harm or damage.

Libel is defamation by the printed word and slander is defamation by the spoken word.

If you have any additional questions that you would like me to assist you with, you can start your question off with: This question is for FLANDNYLAWYER.

Best of luck.

Please CLICK ACCEPT so I can receive credit.

Bonus and Positive Feedback indicate a job well done.

THIS IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP EXISTS. PLEASE CONSULT A LAWYER IN YOUR STATE FOR LEGAL ADVICE.