How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 41020
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to financially protect myself prior to marriage and in

Customer Question

How to financially protect myself prior to marriage and in case of of divorce?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You need a pre nuptial agreement here prepared by a lawyer. Your spouse will need their own separate lawyer here to review and consult. Then should the matter end in divorce the courts will divide propoerty according to the pre nup. It will be upheld and you will have been protected. It is as easy as that..