How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Paid child support for eighteen years, took blood test in

Resolved Question:

Paid child support for eighteen years, took blood test in 1986 found out recently by dna test child is not mine, what can be done
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 9 years ago.
Unfortunately you will find that often Judges are very reluctant to release fathers in your situtation when the man and the child honestly thought there were related for such a long period of time eventhough there is no biological connection. Nonetheless, I would suggest that you file a modification of support petition seeking a termination of child support using the DNA test as your reason. It will not hurt to attemp however again remember it is not likely.
Best of luck.
Daniel Solutions and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you