How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Law Answers Your Own Question
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband left the house we rent 5 months ago. I spoke to

This answer was rated:

My husband left the house we rent 5 months ago. I spoke to him 5 times since then and he expreces no desire to return. We have been married for 4 yrs. For 9 months he did not work i provided for the house. He began working in Sep. of this year, but still did not help me financially. If i apply for the divorce, is it posible for him to be ordered to help me financially so that the bills can be put "up-to-date". We have no children, but i do have 4 of my own.

Hi and thanks for your question.


When you file your petition/complaint for divorce, you should request that the court order your husband to be responsible for helping out with paying outstanding and ongoing bills. He won't be responsible for child support, but may very well be held responsible for paying bills/debts incurred during the marriage and pending the divorce.


I hope that I answered your question. If I did, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and best of luck with this.

Family Law Answers and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you