How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am looking to get out of my marriage of 2 years. i have a

Customer Question

i am looking to get out of my marriage of 2 years. i have a 20 month old, but my only option is to move in with a male friend of mine. is this a safe move for the battle of child custody?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.


While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.


There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break. If we are writing late at night, I may have to go to sleep and resume helping you the following morning.


I need the following answered before I can answer your question. Sorry - it's a little bit of a different process from sitting in an attorney's office.


Can you please tell me what state is involved in your question? I cannot see it on my screen right now. I may need the information so that I can look up the law in your jurisdiction.


Why do you feel that moving in with that particular friend is your only option?


I'll look forward to hearing from you,


Jane Doe Deer


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Louisiana is the state! and my friend being the only option is b/c i cant afford a place of my own and my parents want me to stay and work things out and i've been giving it my all to try but its just not working. and they told me that i'm not moving back in with them!
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

In regards XXXXX XXXXX child custody battle, if you move out and move in with another person, male or female, the court is going to take a look at that person in regard to the person's suitability for being around children. Negatives include any kind of criminal background, of course; use of tobacco, alcohol, or drugs; and a lot of partying.


But why not stay where you are and get your husband to move out? Was it his house before the marriage? If not, you may be able to get that to happen, and then you can get a roommate to help pay the costs.




I'd be happy to answer follow-up questions.


Before giving me poor feedback, write to me. "Bonus" = "tip"


Next time, ask for "Jane Doe Deer."


I wish you the best. You'll be ok. Be prepared for the worst, and you're always prepared for the best.


Jane Doe Deer



Jane Doe Deer and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

we live in a mobile home on his parents land! the mobile home was bought by my dad and i before we got married! i have no place to put the mobile home and its too old to be put into a mobile home park! my plan will be to sell it to him if thats what it comes down too. so thats why i cant make him move! wish i could though!!!

Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 8 years ago.

Sorry about the delay in responding. Why can't you just kick hubby out of the trailer? That's pretty common, and since it's more yours than his you should be able to do that.


Well, good luck to you. Somehow you sound like a nice woman, and I wish you the very best!