N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I am in the military and I am wondering if a person other then

Customer Question

I am in the military and I am wondering if a person other then a court can make me pay child support or does it have to be ordered by court for it to be manditory
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 years ago.
Please clarify, is someone other than a court making you pay child support?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes someone othere then a court is making me pay child support! it is my military leadership! Also I was never married to this woman not sure if that plays a role or not
I have heard of people's wages being garnished by child support enforcement without a court order.
Are you certain that you are the father? Has there been a DNA test?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There has been no DNA test but I have signed a declaration of paternity and I do believe without doubt I am the father
In that case it sounds like you will have to pay child support. You can go to court to try to lower the amount you pay, and the JAG attorneys may be able to help you with that.