How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 20012
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Attorney & Mediator is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I get a default judgement vacated on a child custody/support motion

Resolved Question:

In the San Bern County Courts, our son was served by his child's mother and filled out and filed the response with the court, it was returned for additional info and signatures, then he was told by the child's mother that she was dropping the matter, then she filed a default. My son has not received anything official from the court and we were told that we could get the default judgement vacated or set aside. I need to know which forms to file to accomplish that so that we can proceed with the response and make our appearance in court. Thank you.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Attorney & Mediator replied 8 years ago.
He would need to file a Notice of Motion to set aside child support and then a separate Notice of Motion to set aside the child custody orders since you are stating there was a child custody and support hearing.

Notice of motion forms as follows:

He should contact the family facilitator's office in San Bernandino to help him out with the forms. They provide free services to those who are representing themselves. He should also contact them to see if there are any other local forms that need to be included that are not part of the general California court website.

Offices are below:

San Bernardino locations:
1. 351 N. Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino, CA 92415
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNFax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />2.XXXXX Victorville, CA 92392
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNFax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />3. 8303 North Haven Avenue, Basement Level, Rancho
Cucamonga, CA 91730
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNFax:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />4. 6527 White Feather Road, Joshua Tree, CA 92252
Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />5. 655 W. 2nd Street, San Bernardino, CA 92410

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be reproduced without the consent of the owner. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you