Ask Attorney & Mediator Your Own Ques...
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney & Certified Mediator
1723468

IM DIVORCE AND HAVE A CHILD SUPPORT ORDER. HE OWES OVER 15,000.00

I'M DIVORCE AND HAVE A CHILD SUPPORT ORDER. HE OWES OVER 15,000.00 IN ARREARS NON-CUSTODIAL PARENT HAS MOVED TO FLORIDA. HE HAS A WORKMAN COMP. SETTLEMENT AND SAYS THAT HE WILL HOLD OUT ON TAKING THE SETTLEMENT BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WASNT TO PAY. CAN HE DO THIS? HOW CAN I ENFORCE THIS ORDER OR HAVE HIM ARRESTED HE LIVES IN FL. I LIVE IN ARK.
Well although he thinks he can hold out forever, the insurance company who will be paying is not there to waste their time, the insurance company will want to release payment as soon as settled. They are actually required to pay out within a certain number of dads before settlement, so what he is saying is unlikely to happened.

Since he is in Florida, you need to register your child support order in Florida and then file an enforcement action to begin collections there. You can sign up with the Florida Department of Revenue to enforce what he owes. If he is owing that much, he can definitely get a warrant out for his arrest as well as get his license suspended, seize his accounts or intercept his taxes if he evades paying.

If you have a support case open with the AK state, have them connect with the Florida Department of Revenue to enforce this for you.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be reproduced without the consent of the owner. Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I THINK THE CHILD SUPPORT OFFICE IN ARK HAS CONTACT FL.OFFICE CAN I CALL THE FL.OFFICE?
Yes, you can contact them and you can proceed in getting the court order transferred over to Florida. The link I gave you above has their contact information.