Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

defendant answer

Customer Question
I filed for Child support...
I filed for Child support modification because of a considerable decrease in salary. It is passed 45 days and my ex-wife never filed an answer. We have court Oct 10th. Does that mean I win based on the child support guidelines because she did not file an answer?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
10/1/2008
Family Lawyer: Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
Attorney & Mediator
Failure to respond can result in a modification as you requested by default. So yes, it is possible. Call your court clerk's office to see if you need to file a Request for Entry of Default Judgment.

If I have been helpful, please click Accept for my time and research. If you need more help, please click reply. Positive Feedback is greatly appreciated and reciprocated. Feedback should relate to customer service and not about the law, which I have no control over, thank you.

Legal Disclaimer. The information given by me is not legal advice. . You should not and may not rely on anything on this website as legal advice. I am not establishing an attorney-client relationship with you. I am providing only research, resources and information only for you to be informed and educated about your particular needs and my answer is limited to the facts presented. I do not provide general or specific legal advice. . I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it’s associated sites. As law is always changing, you are recommended to speak with the appropriate legal counsel for accurate and complete information. No part of this disclaimer can be reproduced without the consent of the owner. Thank you.

Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator, Lawyer