How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Virginia Trial Lawyer Your Own Question
Virginia Trial Lawyer
Virginia Trial Lawyer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 68
Experience:  Former Virginia prosecutor, now private practice lawyer specializing in criminal defense & divorce
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Virginia Trial Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently filed for a divorce in California. But we are considering

Customer Question

I recently filed for a divorce in California. But we are considering reconciling. My husband has been served papers. Can we stop it before Orientation to family court? Or our court date set for Oct 17th? Now what? Does he have to respond?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Virginia Trial Lawyer replied 8 years ago.

If you reconcile, you have to file a motion to dismiss the petition as moot before the 17th, He does not have to respond so long as you file the motion to dismiss before the 17th. Otherwise, he needs to be there. You can appear with him and make an oral motion to the court to dismiss the petition.


I hope this helps. If so, please click on Accept. its the only way I get paid.




Virginia Trial Lawyer