How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask InformationForYou Your Own Question
InformationForYou, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1956
Experience:  18 years as a family law attorney, adjunct law professor
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
InformationForYou is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Greetings. After 10+ years of marriage, my divorce became final

Resolved Question:

Greetings. After 10+ years of marriage, my divorce became final in 1993. Had an MSA. Got spousal support for 6 yrs (1/2 length of marriage). Did not know that spousal support for a lengthy marriage could be more than 1/2... My mental illness (bipolar disorder) was not factored in the MSA. MSA "expired" in Dec 1999. Can I appeal?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  InformationForYou replied 8 years ago.

You can't appeal final orders of the court. If you were divorced in 1993, the divorce order would be final and therefore not appealable. I realize this is unfortunately not the answer you want, but it is the law.


Please hit "accept" so that the company pays me for my response. Thanks.

InformationForYou and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you