How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in the state of TN. My final divorce decree was issued

This answer was rated:

I live in the state of TN. My final divorce decree was issued in January 08. My ex was ordered to pay 1200/month which includes private school, aftercare and extracurricular activities that my son has participated during the entire marriage. My ex is a registered nurse and since receiving the child support order has stated that he is no longer working overtime and will seek to have the order decreased no later than March due to a substantial decrease in income. Would they adjust the order based on his choosing to discontinue working overtime.
Generally this would not lead to a downward modification because dad took steps to voluntarily reduce his income. In situations where a parent voluntarily reduces income or does a wrong act (crime) that results in lose of income (termination of employment due to incarceration), then the support order remains the same.
Daniel Solutions and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you