How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Law Answers Your Own Question
Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1267
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Law Answers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i havent seen my daughter in almost a up to date on

Resolved Question:

i havent seen my daughter in almost a up to date on my support. but i am getting out of the military very soon. my ex-wife wants sole custody and me to have no visitation. would i be able to get the support level dropped?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 8 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.


If your wife has sole custody and you don't have visitation, that will not impact your child support amount and you would still have to pay full support per the guidelines. You would only be able to reduce your child support amount if your wife agreed to it - you would need to submit the agreement to the court for approval so that it becomes a legally enforceable court order.


I hope this answers your question (even if it may not necessarily want to be the answer you want to hear). If I have answered your question, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and best of luck.

Family Law Answers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you