Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Anyone know wha a Fl-300 form and a FL-310 form is.

Customer Question
anyone know wha a Fl-300...
anyone know wha a Fl-300 form and a FL-310 form is.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Family Law
8/4/2008
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 9 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer
In California the FL 300 is the order to show cause: Starts the process for a family law matter, e.g. for child support, custody etc...similar to summons

FL 301 is the notice of motion for a family law matter...same as above, can apply for most any family law matter

Please let me know if you have questions else please hit the green button, its the only way i get paid.
Family Lawyer: Brandon M., Family Law Attorney replied 9 years ago
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney

Hi, Hunterkim:

Mr. Simmons is one of the sharper experts here, but he opted out becuase I could give you a little bit better information.

In its effort to make the court process more accessible to the public, the California Judicial Council created certain standarized forms. The "FL" forms are those forms pertaining to matters brought in the family law courts.

"FL-300" is the standard notice and Order to Show Cause, or "OSC" for short. An OSC is a request for the court to contemplate general family law matters. Functionally, it works the same as a motion in most every way. In short, once a petition has been made, this is the form that actually gets the substance of the petition before the court.

"FL-310" is the application for the FL-300. The FL-310 specifies the particulars asked for the in FL-300. So, for example, if you are noticing and requesting a change in spousal support via the FL-300, the FL-310 lets the court know what you would like the change to be made to and the factual and legal basis for the change. When filing with the court, the FL-310 always accompanies the FL-300.

Reply to B. T. Mayer, Counselor at Law's Post: thank you but where can I get a copy of this form online

Hi again:

FL-300 can be found at:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/fl300.pdf

FL-310 can be found at:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/forms/documents/fl310.pdf

Judicial counsel forms in general can be found at:

http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/forms.cgi

Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney