How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Expert Your Own Question
Family Expert
Family Expert, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1291
Experience:  25 Years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Family Expert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

if my mom has Power of attorney over my kids,and

Resolved Question:

if my mom has "Power of attorney"over my kids,and my ex wont let me see them,can my mom go pick them up even if its been more than 5 years?My ex has not met her obligations stipulated in the contract.
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Expert replied 9 years ago.
Re-read the power of attorney - if it has no expiration date then yes, your Mom can use it and do what she wants. If your Ex is not doing what she's supposed to file a petition to enforce the contract in court and make her do it!

Family Expert and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you