How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JD 1992 Your Own Question
JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 33739
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
JD 1992 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good Morning, In May 2008 I drove a friend to the ...

This answer was rated:

Good Morning, In May 2008 I drove a friend to the emergency room, they took him to CAT scan and while he was there, the hospital representative came in with some papers and asked me to sign. I told her we were''t married but that we had been together on and off for 12 years. She said " this isn''t for billing this is for consent to treat". I got a bill from this er visit yesterday and called the hospital and they said I was listed as the gaurantor and they couldnt remove me and that I was responsible for a $4000.00 hospital bill. HELP!
They may have had you sign for the billing, but don't take their word for it. Make them show you the guarantor form and then explain to them that they misrepresented to you the papes you were signing.

If they don't agree to remove you you can file a claim in small claims court and ask the judge to rule that you are not responsible for the debt.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Always feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.
JD 1992 and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you