How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jane Doe Deer Your Own Question
Jane Doe Deer
Jane Doe Deer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 3896
Experience:  Attorney since 1986; Plain English explanations of support, visitation, custody, etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jane Doe Deer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friend and I live in a small trailer,for 5 years. She ...

Customer Question

My friend and I live in a small trailer,for 5 years. She had a heart-attack and is dissabled(ssi)since. We live in Arizona and the local ssi office wanted to see my pay stubs for 2-3 years. We told the person at this (YUMA) office that "we are not married" common law or any other law.We have filed tax returns ''jointly'' to try to make ends meet,but with different names. She is a dear friend ,but cannot work or support herself on the $98.50 per mo. She owes     1,000s rent and other expenses since 2004. Thank you for reading. bXXXXX XXXXX          [email protected] (XXX) XXX-XXXX (XXX) XXX-XXXX     XXXXX XXXXX canales              [email protected]    (XXX) XXX-XXXX   (928)-343-4820
Submitted: 9 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.


Thank you for contacting Just Answer. I look forward to assisting you.

While we write back and forth, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be researching the answer to your question, helping other customers, or taking a break.


Can you please tell me what your legal question is?

I'll look forward to hearing from you,

Jane Doe Deer

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
why does my friend get this reduced amount?        $98.50 per mo?
Expert:  Jane Doe Deer replied 9 years ago.

Is your question why does your friend receive only $98.50 a month? That is not a legal question, nor a question I can answer without signficantly more information.

Has your friend talked to Social Security? It seems that she should receive the minimum on disability, which is closer to $500 - $600.